BAJA CAVE PAINTING TRIPS BY MULE
JOIN US IN THE SIERRA DE LA SAN FRANCISCO. THE ADVENTURE OF A LIFETIME!
JOURNEY DEEP INTO THE SIERRA, DEEP INTO THE PAST
" We wanted to thank you from the bottom of our hearts. What an amazing experience!! Thank you!!"
JohnSan Rafael, CA
FIVE DAY ROCK ART TRIP
Visit a multitude of rock art sites and experience the beauty of the Sierra de la San Francisco on this 5 day adventure deep into the mountains of Baja California Sur
- Day 1: Leave San Ignacio for Guadalupe to meet guides and pack. Ride to Santa Theresa (3 hours)
- Day 2: Hike from Base camp to cuevas: La Palmita, Pintada, Flechas, Aguillas, Musicos
- Day 3: Move to new Base camp San Gregorio and explore
- Day 4: Morning hike from Base camp to cuevas: San Gregorio I, San Gregorio II, La Familia, Las Tortugas, Boca San Casimi as well as petroglyphs. In the afternoon we begin to head back
- Day 5: Back to Guadalupe and then onto Loreto.
THREE DAY ROCK ART TRIP
Would you love to see the cave paintings and have an adventure, but don't have the time for a 5 dive trip? There are still see amazing sites on our 3 day adventure.
- Day 1: Leave Guadalupe for Rancho Theresa and base camp
- Day 2: Morning hike from Base camp to cuevas: La Palmita, Cueva Pintada, Cueva Flechas. In the afternoon hike to Cueva Aguillas, Cueva Musicos and a petroglyph site, stopping for lunch in between.
- Day 3: Return to Santa Marta and visit 2 more sites along the way: Boca San Julio and La Palmita
Please note: While not terribly strenuous these sites are not exactly a lovely stroll along a well maintained hiking trail. Short scrambles and walking along dry riverbeds will be necessary in sections.
All trips start in the Sierra de la San Francisco outside of San Ignacio. The nearest airport is Loreto. If you are flying into Loreto and need transport to San Ignacio or from San Ignacio to Guadalupe, please let us know.
We provide the food, drinks, guides, mules as well as English speaking guides. We also have camping gear available for rent if needed (tents are recommended).
$160 USD /day
minimum 4 people
Does not include transportation to and from trail head.
If you are a smaller party, please contact us.
BEST TIME OF YEAR
We run trips November-January and in April as well. Fall is lovely after the rains and the desert is in bloom.