BAJA CAVE PAINTING TOURS BY MULE
JOIN US FOR AN AMAZING MULTI DAY MULE TRIP IN THE SIERRA DE SAN FRANCISCO
JOURNEY DEEP INTO THE SIERRA, DEEP INTO THE PAST
" We wanted to thank you from the bottom of our hearts. What an amazing experience!! Thank you!!"
JohnSan Rafael, CA
FIVE DAY ROCK ART TRIP
Visit a multitude of rock art sites and experience the beauty of the Sierra de la San Francisco on this 5 day adventure deep into the mountains of Baja California Sur
- Day 1: Leave San Ignacio for Guadalupe to meet guides and pack. Ride to Santa Theresa (3 hours)
- Day 2: Hike from Base camp to cuevas: La Palmita, Pintada, Flechas, Aguillas, Musicos
- Day 3: Move to new Base camp San Gregorio and explore
- Day 4: Morning hike from Base camp to cuevas: San Gregorio I, San Gregorio II, La Familia, Las Tortugas, Boca San Casimi as well as petroglyphs. In the afternoon we begin to head back
- Day 5: Back to Guadalupe and then onto Loreto.
THREE DAY ROCK ART TRIP
You can still see amazing cave painting sites on our 3 day adventure.
- Day 1: Leave Guadalupe for Rancho Theresa and base camp
- Day 2: Morning hike from Base camp to cuevas: La Palmita, Cueva Pintada, Cueva Flechas. In the afternoon hike to Cueva Aguillas, Cueva Musicos and a petroglyph site, stopping for lunch in between.
- Day 3: Return to Santa Marta and visit 2 more sites along the way: Boca San Julio and La Palmita
Please note: While not terribly strenuous these sites are still challenging. Short scrambles up slippery slopes and walking along dry riverbeds will be necessary in sections. It is not recommended for those with knee, back or ankle issues.
Mule Trips 2018
All trips start in the Sierra de la San Francisco outside of San Ignacio. The nearest airport is Loreto. We can also provide transport from Loreto to San Ignacio and back.
Tour includes: Food, guides, animals, access permits, as well as English speaking guide. Camping gear available for rent if needed.
Does not include transportation between Loreto and San Ignacio town
If you are traveling with a smaller party, please contact us.